- How to Setup Bind Chroot DNS Server on CentOS 7.0 VPS
- How to Running Varnish 3.0 in Front of Nginx, PHP5.4 (PHP-FPM)
- How to Configure Static IP Address on RHEL 7.0/CentOS 7.0
- How to Install ifconfig and netstat on RHEL 7.0/CentOS 7.0
- How to Upgrade Zimbra Collaboration Suite 8.0.7 to 8.5.0 on CentOS 6.5 x86_64
In this post, i will share the simple command to check the Hard Disk size and usage on CentOS 6.2. This command is a basic command for linux operating system.
To view and list of the usage of each partition in the server :
[root@centos62 ~]# df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/vg_centos62-lv_root 13G 1.8G 10G 15% / tmpfs 504M 0 504M 0% /dev/shm /dev/sda1 485M 48M 412M 11% /boot
df command will displays the total, used, and available free space on all currently mounted filesystems.
To list the size of a specific directory, run the following command :
[root@centos62 ~]# du -sh /root 2.6M /root
du command reports disk usage. It will shows the disk space used by the files and directories in a directory. The -h option makes the output easier to read by user.Sign up for the WP Engine affiliate program and receive a minimum of $150 per referral! As always if you need any help you can reach us on twitter @ehowstuff or drop us a comment below. Jumping through archives page to read more articles..