How to check unix or linux server uptime ? What command Should i run ?
1. Run uptime command :
[[email protected] ~]# uptime
22:54:34 up 1:26, 1 user, load average: 0.11, 0.03, 0.01
The uptime command gives a one line display of the following information.
- The current time (22:54:34)
- How long the system has been running (up 1 hour 26 Minutes)
- How many users are currently logged on (1 user)
- The system load averages for the past 1, 5, and 15 minutes (0.11, 0.03, 0.01)
2. You can use w command to check server uptime
[[email protected] ~]# w
23:06:57 up 1:38, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00 USER TTY FROM LOGIN@ IDLE JCPU PCPU WHAT root pts/0 192.168.1.52 21:30 0.00s 1.85s 0.01s w
Please note that the w command also displays who is logged together with uptime info above.