- How to Setup Bind Chroot DNS Server on CentOS 7.0 VPS
- How to Running Varnish 3.0 in Front of Nginx, PHP5.4 (PHP-FPM)
- How to Configure Static IP Address on RHEL 7.0/CentOS 7.0
- How to Install ifconfig and netstat on RHEL 7.0/CentOS 7.0
- How to Upgrade Zimbra Collaboration Suite 8.0.7 to 8.5.0 on CentOS 6.5 x86_64
Symlink, also called softlink, is a symbolic path indicating the abstract location of another file. In addition, a softlink files has the same role as a Windows shortcut. In this post, i will show you on how to create softlink or symlink on linux server. This steps has been tested on linux CentOS 6.2 x86 server.
Some idea on to differentiates softlink and hard link :
A softlink can be used across files systems. A hard link increases the link count. When you create hard link you can remove the original file without losing data.
To create symlink, simply run this command :
ln -s [target directory or file] [symlink shortcut]
[root@centos62 ~]# ln -s /public/index.html /home/ehowstuff/index.html
After creating the symbolic link above, /public/index.html will point to /home/ehowstuff/index.html.Sign up for the WP Engine affiliate program and receive a minimum of $150 per referral! As always if you need any help you can reach us on twitter @ehowstuff or drop us a comment below. Jumping through archives page to read more articles..