- How to Setup Bind Chroot DNS Server on CentOS 7.0 VPS
- How to Running Varnish 3.0 in Front of Nginx, PHP5.4 (PHP-FPM)
- How to Configure Static IP Address on RHEL 7.0/CentOS 7.0
- How to Install ifconfig and netstat on RHEL 7.0/CentOS 7.0
- How to Upgrade Zimbra Collaboration Suite 8.0.7 to 8.5.0 on CentOS 6.5 x86_64
A default gateway is the node (a router) or network point on the computer network that serves as an access point and entrance to another network. It passes traffic between different subnets and networks. Computers running on the network using IP, a default gateway address is needed to reach all computers that are not on the same local IP subnet. This post will show you how to Find default gateway IP address on linux operating system. This command has been tested on CentOS 6.3.
1. Print default gateway using route command :
[root@centos63 ~]# route
Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface 192.168.1.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth0 link-local * 255.255.0.0 U 1002 0 0 eth0 default 192.168.1.1 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth0
2. Print default gateway using netstat command :
[root@centos63 ~]# netstat -rn
Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway Genmask Flags MSS Window irtt Iface 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth0 169.254.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.0.0 U 0 0 0 eth0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth0
Note : The flag U indicates that route is up and G indicates that it is gateway.Sign up for the WP Engine affiliate program and receive a minimum of $150 per referral! As always if you need any help you can reach us on twitter @ehowstuff or drop us a comment below. Jumping through archives page to read more articles..