- How to Setup Bind Chroot DNS Server on CentOS 7.0 VPS
- How to Running Varnish 3.0 in Front of Nginx, PHP5.4 (PHP-FPM)
- How to Configure Static IP Address on RHEL 7.0/CentOS 7.0
- How to Install ifconfig and netstat on RHEL 7.0/CentOS 7.0
- How to Upgrade Zimbra Collaboration Suite 8.0.7 to 8.5.0 on CentOS 6.5 x86_64
How to fix “Could not reliably determine the server’s fully qualified domain name” when starting apache httpd service ?
[root@centos64 ~]# service httpd start Starting httpd: httpd: apr_sockaddr_info_get() failed for centos64.ehowstuff.local httpd: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName [ OK ]
Update /etc/hosts and do server’s ip address resolvable to the fully qualified domain name(fqdn) or hostname.
[root@centos64 ~]# vi /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4 ::1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6 192.168.2.62 centos64.ehowstuff.local
Restart apache httpd service :
[root@centos64 ~]# service httpd restart Stopping httpd: [ OK ] Starting httpd: [ OK ]Sign up for the WP Engine affiliate program and receive a minimum of $150 per referral! As always if you need any help you can reach us on twitter @ehowstuff or drop us a comment below. Jumping through archives page to read more articles..