- How to Setup Bind Chroot DNS Server on CentOS 7.0 VPS
- How to Running Varnish 3.0 in Front of Nginx, PHP5.4 (PHP-FPM)
- How to Configure Static IP Address on RHEL 7.0/CentOS 7.0
- How to Install ifconfig and netstat on RHEL 7.0/CentOS 7.0
- How to Upgrade Zimbra Collaboration Suite 8.0.7 to 8.5.0 on CentOS 6.5 x86_64
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (RHEL 6) is a Linux-based operating system developed by Red Hat that offers greatly enhanced scalability and well equipped operating system to handle future technological advances. In this post, i will shows the steps to install Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2 (RHEL 6.2).
1. Download a copy of the Red Hat iso.dvd and burn the iso.dvd file to a DVD using an image burning program.
2. Boot to the installation DVD or CD and choose the first option “Install or Upgrade an existing system”.
3. If desired, your can begin testing the media before start the installation. However, this is optional. To continue with the installation choose “Skip”.
4. Click “Next”.
5. Select the language you’d like to use during the installation.
6. Select the keyboard type you using.
7. Choose “Basic Storage Devices” and click “Next“.
8. Click “Yes” discard any data.
9. Hostname information can be entered in the box if you have this information present. In this case, i have entered rhel62.ehowstuff.local. If you do not know your hostname, leave the default hostname “localhost.localdomain” alone. This information can be edited after the installation is complete. Click “Next“.
10. Select your time zone.
11. Enter a custom root password.
12. If you were prompted weak password, you can proceed and click “Use Anyway” if desired.
13. For users making a fresh install of Red Hat on their computer, select the ” Create Custom Layout” option and click, “Next“. Click check a box “Review and modify partitioning layout” to configure partitions manually.
14. Select “Standard Partition“.
15. Assign Swap space.
16. Assign / and use ext4 as a file system. Select “Fill to Maximum allowable size” and click OK.
17. Click “Next” button if it’s OK all.
18. Click ‘Format’ if it’s OK all.
19. Click ‘Write Changes to Disk’ if it’s OK all.
20. Let’s the formatting process running.
21. Click ‘Next’ button with keeping default. If you set some parameters for bootloader, Configure it.
22. Select ‘Minimal’ and go next.
23. Installation starts. This may take a few minutes.
24. Installation completed. Click “Reboot” button.
25. Now you can login to your RHEL6.2 system.