Webmin is a free and open source web-based control panel for managing a dedicated or virtual private linux, solaris, and Microsoft windows server. Webmin is useful for server administrators with intermediate as well as advanced technical knowledge. It can help to reduce the risk or typo in command that ca bring disaster to you. In this post, i will guide you on how to install Webmin-1.530 in Centos 5.5 using rpm. You should install the CentOS first before you install the webmin.
Please follow simple steps :
1. Login to your CentOS server with root privileges.
2. Install the dependencies using yum command.
[[email protected] ~]# yum -y install perl-Net-SSLeay
3. Download the Webmin 1.530 using wget as below :
[[email protected] tmp]# wget http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/webadmin/webmin-1.530-1.noarch.rpm
4. Fetch and install GPG key with which the packages are signed.
[[email protected] tmp]# rpm --import http://www.webmin.com/jcameron-key.asc
5. Install the rpm as below. The rest of the install will be done automatically to the directory /usr/libexec/webmin, the administration username set to root and the password to your current root password.
[[email protected] tmp]# rpm -U webmin-1.530-1.noarch.rpm Operating system is CentOS Linux Webmin install complete. You can now login to https://server.intranet.local:10000/ as root with your root password.
6. Finish and now you can manage your centOS using webmin
7. This additional steps is optional. Click update module at the bottom if you are notified. This can help to fix any issue that related to webmin.
Updating Webmin modules .. Updating module status to version 1.531. Fixes problem : Fix error Bad arg length for Socket::pack_sockaddr_in in Remote Ping monitor Downloading status-1.530-1.wbm.gz (319 bytes) .. Downloading http://download.webmin.com/updates/status-1.530-1.wbm.gz (139.18 kB) .. Received 1024 bytes (0 %) Received 14 kB (10 %) Received 28 kB (20 %) Received 42 kB (30 %) Received 56 kB (40 %) Received 70 kB (50 %) Received 84 kB (60 %) Received 98 kB (70 %) Received 112 kB (80 %) Received 126 kB (90 %) Received 139.18 kB (100 %) .. download complete. Installed module System and Server Status (908 Kb)