Before you start to install Zimbra Collaboration Suite 7.1.4 Mail Server on CentOS 6.2 x86_64, there are a few prerequisites that must be perform. This is the summary of the configuration prerequisites :
1. Prepare for Fully qualified domain name (FQDN) for your zimbra mail server and do the configuration of your dns server :
2. Configure /etc/hosts and hostname.
3. Disable SElinux.
4. Disable iptables or configure iptables with zimbra ports.
5. Modify sudo configuration file. Uncomment as below for “Defaults requiretty” :
How to Fix “Initializing ldap…failed” Zimbra Installation on CentOS 6.2 x86_64
[[email protected] ~]# vi /etc/sudoers
# #Defaults requiretty #
6. Do workaround to fix missing /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
How to Fix “MISSING: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6? Zimbra Installation on CentOS 6.3 x86_64
7. Stop and disable postfix at boot :
[[email protected] ~]# service postfix stop [[email protected]il ~]# chkconfig postfix off
8. Stop and disable sendmail service to start at boot :
[[email protected] ~]# service sendmail stop [[email protected] ~]# chkconfig sendmail off
9. Install prerequisites software :
[[email protected] ~]# yum install nc sudo libidn gmp libstdc++ perl sysstat sqlite -y