This post will show the prerequisites setup before we enter to actual Zimbra Collaboration Suite (ZCS)installation. Zimbra Collaboration Suite (ZCS) is a groupware product created by Zimbra, Inc., located in Palo Alto, California, USA This post consist summary of the configuration and has been tested on CentOS 6.4 64 bit.
1. Prepare for Fully qualified domain name (FQDN) for your zimbra mail server and do the configuration of your dns server :
2. Configure /etc/hosts and hostname.
3. Disable iptables or configure iptables with zimbra ports.
4. Disabled SELINUX :
[[email protected] ~]# vi /etc/sysconfig/selinux
# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system. # SELINUX= can take one of these three values: # enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced. # permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing. # disabled - No SELinux policy is loaded. SELINUX=disabled # SELINUXTYPE= can take one of these two values: # targeted - Targeted processes are protected, # mls - Multi Level Security protection. SELINUXTYPE=targeted
5. Install the required packages and libraries using the following command :
[[email protected] ~]# yum install nc sudo libidn gmp libstdc++ perl sysstat sqlite -y
6. Stop sendmail, postfix or any MTA service :
[[email protected] ~]# service postfix stop [[email protected] ~]# chkconfig postfix off [[email protected] ~]# service sendmail stop [[email protected] ~]# chkconfig sendmail off
Like this Article? Subscribe to Our Feed!
This article was posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2013 at 12:12 AM