Previously, i have teach you how to backup the MySQL database. Now, i will brief you the simple steps on how to restore MySQL database using phpmyadmin. This steps only applicable for the database that was installed with phpmyadmin such as LAMP server, Wamp server and XAMPP server. Most of the students or for the development peoples has using this phpmyadmin to administer their database because it’s easy to use and it help us to reduce the common mistakes. Please follow this step to restore the MySQL database.
1. Go to this url:
In the real webhosting, “localhost “should be appear as:
2. Select Import Menu and select file to import.
3. In the previous guideline, we have teach you how to backup the “wordpress_db.sql” mysql database. We will use the same database to restore.
4. Make sure the .sql file has been selected and click go to proceed.
5. If database restoration/import has successful, it will return this such of result
Import has been successfully finished, 35 queries executed.
6. Please note the above steps are to restore the MySQL only. To migrate the whole blog, make sure you has copy the whole content in “C:\wamp\www\ “. If the folder name was “blog”, make sure you have copy the “C:\wamp\www\blog“.
As always if you need any help you can reach us on twitter @ehowstuff or drop us a comment below. Jumping through archives page to read more articles..