- How to Setup Bind Chroot DNS Server on CentOS 7.0 VPS
- How to Running Varnish 3.0 in Front of Nginx, PHP5.4 (PHP-FPM)
- How to Configure Static IP Address on RHEL 7.0/CentOS 7.0
- How to Install ifconfig and netstat on RHEL 7.0/CentOS 7.0
- How to Upgrade Zimbra Collaboration Suite 8.0.7 to 8.5.0 on CentOS 6.5 x86_64
Zimbra LDAP service running on OpenLDAP software. It is the directory service and identified when the Zimbra software is installed together with it’s own Zimbra schema. Zimbra LDAP service is used in Zimbra Collaboration Suite (ZCS) to store data for Zimbra Global configuration, user and authentication information, server, domain and class of service (COS) details. The following task will be very useful to zimbra system administrator in order to Verify the LDAP or slapd process in Zimbra. The command has been tested on ZCS 8.0.4 open-source version running on CentOS 6.4. I have documented these post as my own tutorial and also for my blog visitors reference.
1. How to verify ldap status in zimbra. Run as the zimbra user :
[zimbra@centos64 ~]$ ldap status slapd running pid: 1351
2. How to verify that the slapd process is running or not :
ps auxww | grep zimbra | grep slapd
[zimbra@centos64 ~]$ ps auxww | grep zimbra | grep slapd zimbra 1351 0.1 3.9 18840944 75268 ? Ssl 16:44 0:08 /opt/zimbra/openldap/sbin/slapd -l LOCAL0 -u zimbra -h ldap://centos64.ehowstuff.local:389 ldapi:/// -F /opt/zimbra/data/ldap/config zimbra 42865 0.0 0.0 6376 724 pts/0 S+ 18:01 0:00 grep slapd
3. To detect connection failure on default ldap port, 389, run telnet command :
Result if run from zimbra server itself :
[zimbra@centos64 ~]$ telnet centos64.ehowstuff.local 389 Trying 192.168.2.62... Connected to centos64.ehowstuff.local. Escape character is '^]'. ^] telnet> quit Connection closed.
4. How to Stop and Start ldap in zimbra. Run as the zimbra user :
Start ldap :
[zimbra@centos64 ~]$ ldap stop Killing slapd with pid 1351 done.
Stop ldap :
[zimbra@centos64 ~]$ ldap start Started slapd: pid 47807
5. Verify ldap status from zmcontrol command :
[zimbra@centos64 ~]$ zmcontrol status Host centos64.ehowstuff.local antispam Running antivirus Running ldap Running logger Running mailbox Running memcached Running mta Running opendkim Running proxy Running snmp Running spell Running stats Running zmconfigd RunningSign up for the WP Engine affiliate program and receive a minimum of $150 per referral! As always if you need any help you can reach us on twitter @ehowstuff or drop us a comment below. Jumping through archives page to read more articles..