- How to Setup Bind Chroot DNS Server on CentOS 7.0 VPS
- How to Running Varnish 3.0 in Front of Nginx, PHP5.4 (PHP-FPM)
- How to Configure Static IP Address on RHEL 7.0/CentOS 7.0
- How to Install ifconfig and netstat on RHEL 7.0/CentOS 7.0
- How to Upgrade Zimbra Collaboration Suite 8.0.7 to 8.5.0 on CentOS 6.5 x86_64
zip is a compression and file packaging utility for Unix, VMS, MSDOS, OS/2, Windows, Macintosh and linux operating systems. Meanwhile, unzip is utility to extract compressed files from a ZIP archive. In this post, i will show the simple steps on how to zip and unzip the file in Red Hat Linux Enterprise 6 (RHEL 6). This steps may also working on other versions such as CentOS 5.1, CentOS 5.2, CentOS 5.3, CentOS 5.4, CentOS 5.5, CentOS 5.6, CentOS 5.7, CentOS 6.x, RHEL 5.x and RHEL 6.x.
1. Creates the archive folder1.zip and puts all the files in the current directory in it in compressed form as below :
[root@rhel6 ~]# touch file1 [root@rhel6 ~]# touch file2 [root@rhel6 ~]# touch file3 [root@rhel6 ~]# ls file1 file2 file3
[root@rhel6 ~]# zip folder1 * adding: file1 (stored 0%) adding: file2 (stored 0%) adding: file3 (stored 0%) [root@rhel6 ~]# ls file1 file2 file3 folder1.zip
2. To unzip Joomla_2.5.3-Stable-Full_Package.zip into /var/www/html/joomla253 folder :
[root@rhel6 ~]# unzip Joomla_2.5.3-Stable-Full_Package.zip -d /var/www/html/joomla253Sign up for the WP Engine affiliate program and receive a minimum of $150 per referral! As always if you need any help you can reach us on twitter @ehowstuff or drop us a comment below. Jumping through archives page to read more articles..