- How to Setup Bind Chroot DNS Server on CentOS 7.0 VPS
- How to Running Varnish 3.0 in Front of Nginx, PHP5.4 (PHP-FPM)
- How to Configure Static IP Address on RHEL 7.0/CentOS 7.0
- How to Install ifconfig and netstat on RHEL 7.0/CentOS 7.0
- How to Upgrade Zimbra Collaboration Suite 8.0.7 to 8.5.0 on CentOS 6.5 x86_64
Before you start installing Zimbra Collaboration Suite (ZCS) 8.0.1 or 8.0.2, there are a few prerequisites checking have to be performed. This is to ensure that the installation running smoothly without any interruption while saving your time to troubleshoot. I have installed Zimbra Collaboration Suite 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 on many CentOS 6.3 and i would like to share my experiences.
1. Make sure your target mail domain (e.g ehowstuff.local) has mx record on your DNS server.
[root@mail ~]# host -t mx ehowstuff.local ehowstuff.local mail is handled by 0 ehowstuff.local.
2. Stop and disabled the following services :
[root@mail ~]# service iptables stop [root@mail ~]# service ip6tables stop [root@mail ~]# service sendmail stop [root@mail ~]# service postfix stop
3. Disabled auto start the following services :
[root@mail ~]# chkconfig ip6tables off [root@mail ~]# chkconfig iptables off [root@mail ~]# chkconfig sendmail off [root@mail ~]# chkconfig postfix off
4. Disabled Selinux :
[root@mail ~]# setenforce 0 [root@mail ~]# vi /etc/selinux/config
# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system. # SELINUX= can take one of these three values: # enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced. # permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing. # disabled - No SELinux policy is loaded. SELINUX=disabled # SELINUXTYPE= can take one of these two values: # targeted - Targeted processes are protected, # mls - Multi Level Security protection. SELINUXTYPE=targeted
5. Make sure the following dependencies software has been installed :
[root@mail ~]# yum install perl nc sudo sysstat -ySign up for the WP Engine affiliate program and receive a minimum of $150 per referral! As always if you need any help you can reach us on twitter @ehowstuff or drop us a comment below. Jumping through archives page to read more articles..