This article assume that you are using the subversion server to control your development source code. For beginner, i believed most of you has facing this error when you try to check in or connect to your subversion repository server.
Error and symptoms : Repository moved permanently; please relocate.
Findings and Mistakes :
1. Apache DocumentRoot cannot same with the SVNPath or SVNParent. Don’t Do this!
2. SVNPath or SVNParent does not overlap Apache Documentroot. Don’t Do this!
1. Apache Documentroot and SVNPath or SVNParent must be in the different physical path or directory, so that it does not match the url.
2. Change the Apache configuration as below :
<VirtualHost *:80> DocumentRoot /var/www/html ServerName svn.local ErrorLog logs/svn.local-error_log CustomLog logs/svn.local-access_log common </VirtualHost>
3. Change the SVNPath or SVNParent as below :
<Location /svn/repos> DAV svn SVNParentPath /svn/repos ... ... </Location>