In this post, i will share with you on how to install Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (RHEL) Server. Recommended partitions scheme for x86, AMD64, and Intel 64 systems are as follow:
- A swap partition
- A /boot partition
- A / partition
1. Select Install or upgrade an existing system option on Grub Menu
2. Skip DVD media test (or select media test, if you want to test installation media before installation)
3. Click Next to continue.
4. Select storage devices
5. Select Re-Initialize all.
6. Insert server hostname.
7. Select Nearest City in your time zone.
8. Enter a password for root user.
9. Click “Use Anyway” to continue.
10. Kindly read every options carefully. You can select Use All Space if not sure. Select encrypting if needed and option to review and modify partition layout.
11. Select Default installation for basic RHEL installation and select customize later.
12. Just Let the installation finish.
13. Congratulation, Your RHEl 6 has been installed. Click reboot
14. Installation completed. Login to your RHEL server.